The fob is programmed to send a code to the seat telling it to go to memory location 1, 2, or 3. Reprogramming it so it does not send a seat location code is a dealer item. It is not difficult, but the owner's manual does not tell you how to do it.
What you CAN do at home is figure out which memory location your fob is accessing, and reprogram that memory to your personal preference so the seat stays right where it is when you trigger the fob.
1) Play with the memory buttons and fob until you figure out which memory your fob is activating.
2) Turn the key on to position 1 or 2.
3) Adjust the seat and mirrors to your preferences.
4) Press the Memory button on the side of the seat.
5) Press the numbered seat memory button you want to reset and hold it until the indicator light goes out.