ok just to update:
so these are the things i've tried in the process of fixing her:
1. new plugs & boots - helped w/ the hesitation a bit. it made it less but still was there.
2. new coils (had converted over to c.o.p.) - didn't change a thing
3. new temp sensor (dme feed) - didn't change a thing
4. new fuel pressure regulator - didn't do much
5. swapped out injectors - no change
6. cleaned crankshaft sensor - same
7. cleaned camshaft sensor (looked cleaned when pulled out) - no change
8. checked dme - no visible damage w/ it
9. changed fuel filter - nadda
10. swapped out fuel pump - nothing
11. changed cam sensor - ok for a few minutes until the hesitation returned
12. and the winner is: new crankshaft sensor
she runs like a dream now. idles even silkier smooth than before & pulls hard & obviously no more hesitation.
i was very skeptical about just keep on changing everything because i don't have deep pockets so i actually bought the cam & crankshaft sensors used. i'm glad i did cause it cost around $100 new & the cam sensor would have been a waste then. now i can buy a new crankshaft sensor if i need to later on.
good luck to everyone w/ this hesitation problem. hope this helps.