Hello- I am a newbie to this Forum and appreciate any help as my rig is sitting in the driveway - dead!
so this is a familair theme to other members and after reading past posts their guidance feel short of advising me on my engines problem. Short of towing to the local BMW garage I would like to try it here:
1. 318i 1983 unmodified engine (stock)
2. Battery charged, spark plug wires have a heathy spark (so it cranks fine)
3. Gas flowing from gas filter hose in a good stream
4. Power (+12Vdc) from Fuel Pump Relay outputs while cranking
5. No gas in cylinders upon removing plugs
Background: Started car several days ago in the morning to warm it up. After about 5 minutes it died on its own and refuses to start sounding like its gas-starved but I suspect electrics since that is 80% of all car failurs in one form or another.
What next should I try/test?
Thanks in advance