ok.. i was in an auto technology class, rotors and pads are easy to do on your own. Infact I KNOW you could do them yourself with an instruction manual.
1. An auto shop is NOT supposed to do things without asking you.
2. Auto technicians will LIE about anything to get your MONEY.
3.DO NOT leave a car at a shop alone, people will rape your car while test driving it.
4. Pads are about $40 for front and rears and about $100 for front and rear rotors.
5. An alignment is an average of about $60.
6. On ALL cars it is RECOMMENDED that you change rotors along with pads..not just with "SOME BMWs" like he told you.
7. Ask them why they didnt plain the rotors instead of new ones.
8.Go back there and tell them they ripped you off.
9. You got rapped.