This is not meant to offend, but as humor mostly. I wrote this to a good friend as a joke when he told me that automatic cars were ok
why automatic transmissions of all kinds suck, by Sam Denny:
1. Automatic transmission rob more horsepower than manual
2. Automatic transmissions use up more gas mileage than manual
3. Automatic transmissions are heavier than manual
4. Automatic transmissions require about 5 times more maintenance and transmission fluid than manual
5. Automatic transmissions are considered an option on some cars and therefore cost more money
6. An automatic transmission will shift when you don't want it to
7. An automatic transmission will not shift when you do want it to
8. An automatic transmission takes some of the control of the car away from you and gives it to the car
9. Automatic transmissions allow the driver to be less involved with the driving of the car, therefore causing undue obliviousness of the driver to his or her environment
10. With an automatic transmission, the driver cannot release the brake pedal at a red light after hard braking, which causes a higher probability of warped rotors.
11. One can not rev up the engine and drop the clutch with an automatic transmission
12. I get pissed off driving automatic cars. They keep shifting on me.