Okay guys, I can buy an M3 for $4500 or keep my 318.
What do you think? The M3 has a few problems:
- 175,000 miles vs the 145,000 that the 318 has
- A small exhaust leak
- There is a "ticking" that happens intermittently. I do not believe it is in the engine because it only happens very erratically and is infrequent.
- The interior needs some TLC, but it is full leather and the door cards are perfect.
- The front bumper is in tact but needs clips to keep holding it on the car... so some more TLC.
- There are a couple random and small electrical problems, probably due to the radio not working and the wiring for and amp still being exposed.
-It will need a new clutch within a year.
- Will need to steal the Bilsteins off of the 318 for a good suspension, I think is handles a bit weak.
- The car has been dealer serviced since 160,000 miles (good)
- Perfect door panels
- Body is immaculate
- 5 speed
- 3.0 L M Power
- Better shape than when I bought my 318
- Great price
- Runs SMOOTH, smoother than my car.
- Brand new water pump, radiator, A/c condenser, plus $3000 worth of maintenance that I don't have to do
The case for my 318?
-It's my baby.
-It's been reliable for the past year.
-If I buy the M3, I have to sell the 318.
Help me decide!