k so i might be post whoring now?
so everythign is in except the tie rods, I need to finish that sunday or monday due to work tomarow.
So as far as the knuckle goes i did not have to fabricate it at all, first of all it was different from the above DIY, and also my steering collum telescopes, so I just had to push the collum up and haazah it was good.
as far as teh plumbing goes its a very tight fit. I had to wrap the High pressure hose around the actual rack to get it to fit right. But i didnt have to bend any metal to get it to fit.
also in my 1991 all the hoses were atached to the banjo bolt assemblies. meaning i could not change the plumbing to new stuff(its expensive) as they did in the above DIY.
had a little trouble getting the tie rods loose, but nothing some hammering could fix. Same with the Knuckle removal, takes some persistacne..but eventually it came off.
I had to pry the new rack into place, since it was only a 99% fit. Im hoping this wont effect anything, seeing how i got the rack into the same spot the other one was in.
all in all..not to bad. Im gonna hook up the tie rods, do a basic allignment with a tape measure and take it somewhere to get it all checked out and alligned.
We all get the urge...Saturday early morning...nothing to do till noon...
The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)