I got some usefull information from all of you while ago. So I started on looking for E36 on my area. Here I don't see many manuals around here mostly all automatic.
Any ways I came across two 97 BMW 3 series
1. 1997 328i ($10,900)
- Sport pkg, Loaded,
- tint, Chip, M3 Upgrade, 6CD
- New Belts, Bushings, Susp, Bearings, Rad, T-stat, Tires
2. 1997 328iS ($7,500)
- Summer Tires: 4 new tires (18") and 1 full size spare.
Winter Tires: Complete set (16") (Yokohama Iceguard) and 1 full size spare
- New front rotors-new front pads, New battery
- M3 Kit (front bumper, side mirrors, rear spoiler, rear bumper lower lip)
I am yet to test drive them. I know it is too early to jump on any one of them. But I want your opinions on few things
- Is more than $10,000 worth for good condition 328i ?
- The price on 2nd car looks good but I am held back by mileage on it 132K mi. What things might go wrong in next 2 years (or 20 K mi)?
- What is the typical life for clutch on these cars and how much it might cost to replace one (parts +labor)?
- other than checking out the car, service records my self and at the mechanic how can I compare one car against another for condition ?
- what is sport pkg on 328i? is it substantial ??
I thinks that ends the list...